Saturday, February 1, 2014

Frozen toilet!

Wish I'd taken a picture!  Opened the lid......bowl frozen.  Tank frozen.  That's how cold it must have been in the cottage.  Oh, hell, that's too nice of a word to use.  It's a mobile home.  Parked in a campground.  In Pennsylvania.  Yeah, well, no comments on that please.  Cold, cold, cold.
But off I went to solve the problem.
I did get the heat to work, not sure why it wasn't working, although I suspect that one should not allow a well meaning but less than intelligent friend to install a thermostat.  All I did was jiggle it a little.  Loose wire?  Maybe.  Oh, and might have been some ice or water or something in the propane line.  Had a portable heater there (kinda nice, hadn't thought about using it before) and maybe, just maybe the thermostat was cold? I don't know.
Just another wasted day, going there, trying to troubleshoot something I didn't ever want anyway.  Am I too nice?  Too stupid?  Some days I wonder. 
I am a hockey fan.  The Toronto Maple Leafs, and the New York Rangers.   Both doing somewhat better than they were earlier in the season.  I do hope it continues.  That would mean there's hockey between now and June! But, it also means that I'm being pulled towards those areas in my life.  Two large cities.  Both set on the water.  Both would offer the ability to have a small place of my own.  You know, I'm pretty sure that's part of the problem with where I am.  It's not my own.  Oh, I'm the person on the mortgage and the deed, but I didn't pick it out, didn't decorate it, didn't close the door with the satisfaction that I am within my own sanctuary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment